REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The following procedures requires the use of the pilot bearing remover tool No. J-34011 and the pilot bearing installer tool No. J-33842, or equivalents.
- Remove the axle tube and output shaft assembly from the vehicle. For details, please refer to the procedure located earlier in this section.
- Remove the pilot bearing from the tube using J-34011 or an equivalent pilot bearing remover tool.
- Lubricate the new seal lips and the new bearing using fresh axle lubricant.
- Install the new bearing using a pilot bearing installer tool such as J-33842, or equivalent.
- Install the new seal using J-33893, or an equivalent seal installer.
- Install the axle tube and output shaft assembly.