REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, remove the instrument panel trim plate.
Most dash trim plates on these vehicles are retained by screws and/or snap fasteners. Make sure all screws are removed before attempting to remove the trim plate. If retained by snap fasteners, it may be necessary to pry the plate loose, BUT take care not to force and break the usually fragile plastic pieces.
- Remove the control panel-to-instrument panel screws, then pull the control panel from the instrument panel.
- If equipped, disconnect the temperature cable from the control panel. Remove the control panel.
- Unplug the vacuum hoses and electrical connectors from the control panel. Make sure each connection may be only made 1 way, or tag hoses/wires and cables before removal.
- Remove the control panel assembly from the vehicle.
- If necessary, remove the blower switch by removing the switch knob and spring clip, then remove the blower switch.
- If removed, install the heater switch by holding the switch in position and installing the spring clip, then attach the switch knob.
- If equipped, attach the temperature cable.
- Attach the electrical connections and vacuum lines to the control panel.
- Install the control panel and fasten the retaining screws.
- If equipped, install the trim plate by either fastening the retaining screws or snapping the clips back into place.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper panel operation.