REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage the wiring connectors from the side of the coil.
- Disconnect the coil wire.
- Disconnect the nuts holding the coil bracket and coil to the engine bracket or manifold.
- Drill and punch out the two rivets holding the coil to the bracket then remove the coil bracket and the coil.
A replacement coil kit comes with two screws to attach the coil to the bracket.To install:
- Connect the coil to the bracket with two screws.
- Connect the coil and bracket to the engine bracket or manifold with studs and nuts.
- Tighten the coil hold-down nuts to 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.).
- Engage the coil wire, then the wiring connectors at the side of the coil.
- Connect the negative battery cable.