REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The rear motor/regulator replacement parts are sold as an assembly. Do not attempt to separate the motor from the regulator before verify that separate replacement parts are available.
- Remove the door trim panel. For details, please refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the armrest bracket-to-door screws and the bracket.
- Remove the water deflector from the door.
The water deflector is secured by a strip of adhesive between the deflector and door, as well as waterproof sealing tape. Upon installation, make sure a good seal is achieved to keep water from entering into the body. If necessary, use strip caulking as a sealant between the deflector and door.
- Raise the window to the full up position. Using cloth backed tape, tape the glass to the door frame.
- Unplug the electrical wiring connector from the window regulator motor.
- Separate the regulator lift arm roller from the window sash.
- On 1994-96 models, the regulator can remain in the door, on 1997-99 models, remove the regulator before attempting to remove the motor.
To remove the window regulator motor from the door:
- Drill a hole through the regulator sector gear and backplate, then install a bolt/nut to lock the sector gear in position.
- Using a 3 / 16 in. (5mm) drill bit, drill out the motor-to-door rivets.
- Remove the motor from the door.
- Position the motor to the regulator, then secure using 3 / 16 in. (4.8mm) rivets.
- After the motor is riveted to the door, remove the nut/bolt from the sector gear.
- Install the regulator lift arm roller to the window mount sash.
- The balance of installation is the reverse of removal. It is usually wise to check operation of the system before installing the water deflector and trim panel.