REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On the 1994-97 2.2L MFI engine, the throttle body is an integral part of the cast upper intake manifold assembly. For removal and installation procedures, please refer to Engine and Engine Rebuilding of this repair guide.1998-99 Models
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner resonator.
- Unplug the electrical connections from the Throttle Position (TP) sensor and the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve.
- Tag and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the throttle, cruise and transmission cables.
- Remove the throttle cable bracket.
- Unfasten the throttle body retainers and remove the throttle body.
- Place the throttle body into position and install the retainers. Tighten the retainers to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the throttle cable bracket.
- Attach the throttle, cruise and transmission cables.
- Connect the vacuum hoses to the throttle body.
- Attach the TP and IAC electrical connections.
- Install the air cleaner resonator.
- With the engine OFF , check to see if the accelerator pedal is free by depressing the pedal to the floor and then releasing it.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF for ten seconds.
- Start the engine and check for proper operation.