REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The track bar (tie rod assembly) is used only on models equipped with the ZR2 suspension.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle safely using jackstands. Support the rear axle securely using jackstands or a floor jack.
- Remove the track bar mounting bolts, washers and nuts at the axle bracket and frame bracket.
- Remove the track bar from the vehicle.
- Place the track bar in position and loosely install the bolts, washers and nuts.
Once the track bar is properly positioned, tighten the retainers as follows:
Axle bracket nut: 84 ft. lbs. (115 Nm) on 1994-96 models and 44 ft. lbs. (61 Nm) on 1997-99 models
- Remove the jackstands and lower the vehicle.