The vehicles covered by this information utilize a small electric washer pump which is mounted to the bottom of the washer reservoir.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Use a siphon or hand pump to drain the washer fluid from the reservoir. If you are using a siphon, be careful not to inhale or swallow the fluid. The stuff tastes nasty, and like with most fluids in your truck, can be harmful if swallowed.
- Unplug the electrical connector(s) and washer hose(s) from the pump.
- In some cases it may be necessary to remove the air filter housing by sliding it up and out of the way.
- Unfasten the washer fluid reservoir mounting screws, then remove the reservoir from the vehicle.
- Remove the washer pump from the reservoir.
- Install the washer pump to the reservoir. Make sure the pump is fully inserted into the washer reservoir seal.
- Install the reservoir to the vehicle and secure using the retaining screws.
- If removed, install the air filter housing by sliding it down into position.
- Attach the washer hose(s) and electrical connector(s) to the pump.
- Refill the reservoir with fluid. Add just a little at first, and check for leaks. Refill the reservoir when you are certain the pump seal is secure.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper pump operation.