See Figures 1, 2 and 3REMOVAL
- Raise the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, then the positive cable and remove the battery.
- Remove the undercover.
- Place a drain pan under the radiator. Open the drain cock on the radiator, then drain the cooling system.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect the upper water hose from the engine side.
- Loosen the compressor drive belt by moving the power steering oil pump or idler, if equipped.
- Remove the cooling fan and the fan shroud.
- Disconnect the lower water hose from the engine side.
- Remove the air conditioner compressor, if equipped.
- Remove the fan belt, the crankshaft pulley and the timing pulley housing covers.
- Remove the tension spring and the fixing bolt, then remove the tension center and pulley.
- Remove the timing belt, the engine control cable and the wiring harness of the fuel cut solenoid.
- Remove the fuel hoses and the injection pipes. Using a wrench to hold the delivery holder, loosen the sleeve nuts on the injection pump side.
- Install a 6mm bolt (with pitch of 1.25) into threaded hole in the timing pulley housing through the hole in pulley to prevent turning of the pulley.
- Remove the bolt fixing the injection pump timing pulley, then remove the pulley using pulley puller.
- Remove injection pump flange fixing nuts and rear bracket bolts, then remove the injection pump.
- Install the injection pump by aligning the notched line on the flange with the line on the front bracket.
- Install the injection pump timing pulley by aligning it with the key groove, then torque the bolts to 42-52 ft. lbs.
- Position the piston of the No. 1 cylinder to TDC of the compression stoke and align marks on the timing pulleys.
- Refer to the timing belt procedures in Chapter 3 of this manual, then install and adjust the timing belt.
- Check the injection timing.
- To complete the installation, reverse the removal procedures.