The charge air cooling system is used on MFI-Turbo engines in order to introduce a denser air/fuel charge to the combustion chambers. The system is equipped with its own radiator, electric coolant pump (mounted near the charge air cooler radiator) and a charge air cooler (located in the air stream mounted to the throttle body). For more information regarding this system, please refer to Chapter 1 of this manual.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, then drain the charge air cooling system.
- Loosen the clamps, then disconnect the hoses from the charge air cooler.
- Remove the bolts attaching the charge air cooler to the mounting bracket, then remove the cooler from the engine.
- Position the charge air cooler to the mounting bracket, then secure using the retaining bolts.
- Install the hoses to the charge air cooler and secure using the clamps.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then properly refill the charge air cooling system. For details, please refer to Chapter 1 of this manual.