The 4.3L MFI-Turbo engine utilizes a turbocharger outlet pipe between the turbocharger and the catalytic converter.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front of the truck safely using jackstands.
- Remove the right front tire and wheel. Remove the wheelhouse panel screws, then remove the panel.
- Spray all fasteners which are to be removed with a suitable penetrating lubricant.
- Disengage the oxygen sensor electrical connector from the wiring harness.
- Remove the nuts retaining the pipe to the turbocharger.
- Remove the bolt from the outlet pipe support bracket.
- Remove the clamp from the catalytic converter, then remove the bolts from the converter supports.
- Remove the turbocharger outlet pipe.
- Install the outlet pipe to the converter and turbocharger.
- Loosely install the nuts to the turbocharger and the clamp to the converter.
- Loosely install the bolts to the converter supports and the bolt to the outlet pipe support bracket.
- Tighten the turbocharger nuts to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm), then tighten the clamp nuts to 42 ft. lbs. (57 Nm). Tighten the support bracket bolt to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm), followed by the converter support bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Engage the oxygen sensor connector to the electrical wiring harness.
- Install the right wheelhouse panel, then install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
- Start and run the engine, then check for leaks.