REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- If necessary for better access, raise and support the front of the vehicle safely.
- If equipped, remove the air dam/deflector retainers and remove the air dam from the vehicle. On some models it may not be necessary to completely remove the air dam. It may be possible only to remove the center (bumper-to-air dam) and left (dam-to-fender or bumper depending on the application) retainers and support the air dam at the center.
- Remove the brace to bumper nut(s) and bolt(s).
- Disengage the parking lamp connectors and, if equipped, the fog lamp connectors.
- Support the bumper (usually a friend is most convenient here), then remove the bumper-to-frame retainers.
- Carefully lower the bumper from the vehicle
- Installation is the reverse of the removal. Tighten the retaining bolts on early model vehicles to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and all nuts to 6 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
See Figures 4, 5, 6 and 7