REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If necessary on MFI-Turbo vehicles, remove the charge air cooler. For details, please refer to Chapter 3 of this manual.
- Disconnect the blower motor cooling tube.
- Disengage the electrical connector(s) from the blower motor, as necessary.
On some earlier models equipped with A/C, it may be necessary to remove the A/C vacuum tank and move it aside.
- Remove the blower motor-to-case screws, then carefully withdraw the blower motor from the case.
- Install the blower motor to the case and secure using the retaining screws.
- Engage the electrical connector(s) to the motor, as necessary.
- If moved on early model vehicles, reposition and secure the A/C vacuum tank.
- Connect the blower motor cooling tube.
- If removed on MFI-Turbo vehicles, install the charge air cooler.
- Connect the negative battery cable.