REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel trim plate or accessory trim plate, as applicable.
Most dash trim plates on these vehicles are retained by screws and/or snap fasteners. Make sure all screws are removed before attempting to remove the trim plate. If retained by snap fasteners, it may be necessary to pry the plate loose, BUT take care not to force and break the usually fragile plastic pieces.
- Remove the control head-to-instrument panel screws, then pull the control head from the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the vacuum hoses, electrical connectors and/or the control cables from the control head, as applicable. Make sure each connection may be only made 1 way, or tag hoses/wires and cables before removal.
- Remove the control head assembly from the vehicle.
- If necessary, remove the blower switch knob and spring clip, then remove the switch form the control head.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.