The headlight switch is located on the left side of the instrument panel. A rheostat dial, usually located just above the headlight/parking light switch, is used to control the illumination of the instrument panel lighting.
A dimmer switch is mounted on the lower back of the steering column (near the ignition switch) and is actuated by the multi-function lever. For dimmer switch removal and installation, please refer to the steering column procedures located in Chapter 8 of this manual.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- From under the headlight switch assembly, remove the trim plate/switch assembly retaining screws.
For some vehicles equipped with a fog lamps, the lamp switch may have to be removed in order to access the headlight trim plate/switch screw.
- Pull the switch trim plate from the instrument panel. On late model vehicles, pivot the trim plate outward at the bottom, then pull the plate downward to release it.
- Disengage the electrical wiring connectors from the rear of the switch/trim plate assembly.
- Remove the headlight switch from the trim plate assembly; if necessary, replace the switch.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.