REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped (such as on the MFI-Turbo) remove the fog lamp switch retaining screws.
- Remove the lamp switch trim plate-to-instrument panel screws and the trim plate, then disengage the electrical connector from the lamp switch.
- Remove the air conditioning/heater control assembly-to-instrument panel screws and the assembly, the disengage the electrical connector from the lamp switch.
- Remove the filler panel (under the steering column) to instrument panel screws and the filler panel.
- If equipped, disconnect the shift indicator cable from the lower shift bowl.
Some late model vehicles may use a single multi-pin connector to which the instrument cluster is mounted. On these vehicles, pulling the cluster outward should disengage the necessary connections. Be careful not to damage the connector during removal and installation. Do not force the cluster, but make sure it is firmly seated when installed.
- Remove the instrument cluster housing nuts, then carefully pull the instrument cluster forward for access to the connectors.
- Disengage the speedometer cable and/or electrical connectors from the rear of the cluster, as applicable.
- Remove the instrument housing and/or cluster from the vehicle.
- Position the instrument housing and/or cluster assembly in front of the instrument panel.
- Engage the speedometer cable and/or electrical connectors to the rear of the cluster, as applicable.
- Position the cluster and secure the housing retaining nuts.
- If equipped, connect the shift indicator cable to the lower shift bowl.
- Install the filler panel (under the steering column).
- Install the air conditioning/heater control assembly.
- Install the lamp switch trim plate.
- If equipped, install the fog lamp switch retaining screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.