REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The following procedure requires the use of a1/4in. (6mm) cord, a putty knife and an assistant.
- Using a putty knife, run it between the weatherstrip and the flange on both sides.
- Position an assistant on the outside of the cab by the window, to catch the window.
- Using a putty knife, on the inside of the rear window, force the weatherstrip/glass assembly, from the flange.
- Separate the glass from the weatherstrip.
To ease the weatherstrip installation, heat it with a non-flame source heater; at higher temperatures the weatherstrip is more pliable. DO NOT heat it above 125°F (52°C) or for more than 11/2hours.To install:
- Position the rear window glass in the weatherstrip.
- Using a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) cord, place it in the weatherstrip groove; the ends should overlap 6 in. (152mm) at the bottom of the window.
- Using soapy water, lubricate the flange and the weatherstrip.
- Position an assistant inside the cab, install the weatherstrip/glass assembly and have the assistant pull the cord to seat the weatherstrip on the window flange.
- Apply a light mist of water to the window to check for leaks. If leak(s) are present, use urethane sealant to remedy the problem(s).