REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Matchmark and remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the turn signal switch from the column and allow it to hang from the wires (leaving them connected). For details, please refer to the procedure located earlier in this section.
- For vehicles through 1991, place the lock cylinder in the Run position.
- For 1992-93 vehicles, remove the buzzer switch assembly.
- Carefully remove the lock cylinder screw and the lock cylinder. If possible, use a magnetic tipped screwdriver on the screw in order to help prevent the possibility of dropping it.
- Align and install the lock cylinder set. On vehicles through 1991 it will be necessary to rotate the switch clockwise to align the cylinder key with the keyway in the housing.
- Push the lock cylinder all the way in, then carefully install the retaining screw. Tighten the screw to 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm) on tilt columns or to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm) on standard non-tilt columns.
- If necessary, install the buzzer switch assembly.
- Reposition and secure the turn signal switch assembly
- Align and install the steering wheel.
- Make sure the ignition is OFF , then connect the negative battery cable.