REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The Model 233 transfer case, available on some late model vehicles covered by this manual, utilizes an electronic shifter. The motor control module is located behind the cowl panel, attached to the ECM bracket.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the ECM from the vehicle for access to the module. Take extreme care when handling the computer control module. refer to Chapter 4 for details and safety precautions.
- Disengage the electrical wiring from the module.
- Loosen the retainers, then remove the module from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. MAKE SURE the ignition remains OFF when installing the ECM. On all vehicles, the ignition MUST be OFF whenever you connect or disconnect the negative battery cable.