REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The Model 233 transfer case, available on some late model vehicles covered by this manual, utilizes an electronic shifter. The motor is attached to the lower side of the transfer case.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely using jackstands.
- If equipped, remove the transfer case shield for access.
- Disengage the motor electrical connector.
- Matchmark and remove the front driveshaft and the output shaft yoke. For details, please refer to the procedure later in this section.
- Remove the motor-to-transfer case retaining bolts, then remove the motor from the case.
- Install the motor to the transfer case, then tighten the retaining bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install the front output shaft yoke, then align and install the front driveshaft.
- Engage the motor electrical connector, then if equipped, install the transfer case shield.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Verify proper motor operation.