REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely using jackstands.
- Matchmark and remove the front or rear driveshaft, as applicable.
- Remove the shaft yoke nut and washers, then remove the yoke and shield for access to the seal.
- Pry out the old seal using a small suitable prytool. Be careful not to damage the seal bore.
- Lubricate the lips of the new seal using automatic transmission fluid or petroleum jelly, whichever is at hand.
- Position the seal and carefully drive it into position using a suitable seal installer tool.
- Install the shield and shaft yoke, then install the washers and yoke nut. Tighten the nut to 110 ft. lbs. (149 Nm).
- Align and install the driveshaft to the vehicle.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.