REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
For removal and installation of the expansion valve, refer to the procedures under EVAPORATOR CORE, in this section.Storm
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and properly discharge the refrigerant system.
- Remove the clamp attaching refrigerant pipes.
- Remove the two nuts attaching refrigerant pipes to the expansion valve.
- Remove the expansion valve retaining clip.
- Remove the expansion valve.
- Install the expansion valve and retaining clip.
- Connect the refrigerant pipes to the expansion valve with the two retaining nuts and tighten them to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm). Make sure to use new O-ring before installation.
- Install the clamp attaching the refrigerant pipes.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate, charge and check the operation of the system.