REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the transaxle from the vehicle. Refer the procedure listed earlier in this Section.
- Install the pilot shaft tool J-35282 or equivalent, into the pilot bearing to support the clutch assembly during the removal procedures.
Observe the alignment marks on the clutch and the clutch cover and pressure plate assembly. If the markings are not present, be sure to add them.
- Loosen the clutch cover and pressure plate assembly retaining bolts evenly, one at a time, until the spring pressure is released.
- Remove the clutch cover and pressure plate assembly and clutch plate.
Check the clutch disc, flywheel and pressure plate for wear, damage or heat cracks. Replace all damaged parts.
- Before installation, lightly lubricate the pilot shaft splines, pilot bearing and pilot release bearing surface with grease.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Torque the clutch cover/pressure plate-to-flywheel bolts evenly to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm), to avoid distortion.