Some fuel injected vehicles in California utilize an EGR gas temperature sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly and related duct work.
Be very careful if the engine was run recently; the sensor may still be HOT.
- Unplug the wiring harness connector from the sensor.
- Loosen and carefully back the sensor out of the engine.
- Reverse the removal procedure to install. Coat the sensor threads with an anti-seize compound, then install and tighten the sensor to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).