PICKUP COIL AIR GAP
See Figure 1
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor.
- Using a nonmagnetic thickness gauge, measure the air gap between the pole piece tooth and pickup coil.
- Air gap should be 0.008-0.016 in. (0.2-0.4 mm). If the gap is out of specification, it must be adjusted until the proper gap is achieved or the signal generator must be replaced.
- Remove the module and loosen the screws securing pickup coil. Using a screw driver, move the generator pickup coil and adjust the gap to specification.
- After adjustment tighten screws and recheck gap. Install module, rotor and distributor cap.