REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery terminal.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable from the battery terminal.
- Remove the hold down retaining nut and/or screw, then remove the retainer from the top of the battery.
- Carefully lift the battery out of the vehicle and place in a safe location. Be careful not to tilt the battery to more than a 40 degree angle and if the battery is open or cracked, make sure not to spill acid on yourself or the vehicle.
- Inspect and, if necessary, clean the battery tray and the battery cables of all corrosion. Make sure the battery and terminals are free of cracks or damage and that the terminals are also free of corrosion.
- Carefully lower the battery into position in the battery tray. Do not allow the terminals to short to any bare metal during installation.
- Position the hold down retainer and install the fasteners. Tighten the nut to 72 inch lbs. (8 Nm) and/or screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the positive battery cable, then connect the negative battery cable.