REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the bolts and disconnect the pipe from the front of the catalytic converter.
- Remove the bolts or nuts and disconnect the pipe from the rear of the catalytic converter.
- If equipped, remove the retainers or release the rubber hangers.
- Remove the catalytic converter from the vehicle.
- Position the catalytic converter to the vehicle as shown in Figs. 134 and 135.
- Loosely install any converter bracket fasteners or rubber hangers.
- Connect the front and rear pipes to the catalytic converter and loosely install the retaining nuts and/or bolts.
- Make sure the exhaust system is properly routed and tighten all the fasteners. Tighten the catalytic converter fasteners to 20 ft. lbs. (28 Nm) for the Spectrum or to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm) for the Storm.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.