REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Scribe a mark showing the location of the hinges on the hood.
- Disconnect under hood light connector (if equipped).
- On Storm disconnect headlight actuator terminal connector.
- On Spectrum remove washer nozzle tubes.
- Disconnect hood strut (if equipped) by removing bolts, or lower prop rod.
- Remove hood mounting bolts and lift hood from vehicle.
- Position hood on hinges and line up scribe line.
- Install and tighten mounting bolts with moderate torque. DO NOT tighten down all the way.
- Close hood slowly to check alignment. DO NOT slam hood closed. In most cases hood adjustment will be necessary.
- Open hood, loosen hinge bolts and adjust hood so that all clearances are even and panel is flush with body. Hold clearance as far as possible.
Body shims may be necessary to adjust hood.
- After alignment is satisfactory, tighten hood hinge bolts to 18-25 ft. lbs.