REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove door panel as described above. Remove water seal carefully it must be reused.
- Disconnect the inside handle rod clips. Disconnect and remove all lock control rods, noting their position for installation.
- Remove the door lock assembly mounting screws from the outside of the door and remove the door lock assembly.
- Remove the key cylinder by prying the retaining clip with an appropriate tool.
- Remove the outside door handle by loosening the two outside handle mounting bolts from inside the door.
- Remove the inside door handle by loosening the retaining screws. Some inside handles may be attached with rivets. In this case drill the rivets out with the appropriate size drill bit.
- Install the inside door handles and lubricate all components prior to installation.
- Install the key cylinder to the door.
- Connect the door lock linkage and install the outside door handle. On vehicles equipped with an adjustable lock rod, set play to zero when door lock rod is in lock position.
- Torque door lock assembly and outside door handle mounting screws to 48 inch lbs.
- Install the weather seal and the door panel.