To reduce the risk of injury, wear safety glasses or goggles and gloves during this entire procedure. Use the specified adhesive in order to attain original installation integrity.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Mask off the area around the glass to protect the painted surfaces.
- Remove the retaining screws and remove the lock pillar molding.
- Remove the rear seat cushion and seat back.
- Remove the upper quarter trim, windshield trim upper garnish molding, and lower quarter trim.
- Using a curved blade tile knife or similar item, use multiple shallow cuts, and cut out the quarter window assembly out of its opening. Remove the window assembly.
- Clean ALL traces of urethane from the pinch weld flange. To prevent corrosion, paint damage on the pinch weld by the knife must be covered with primer before installing the window.
- Two primers are provided in GM kit-P/N 9636067. The clear primer is used prior to the black primer. Apply primer around the entire perimeter of the assembly. Allow to dry. Then apply the black primer over the clear primer and to the pinch weld flange. Allow to dry about 5 minutes.
- Apply a smooth continuous 3 / 8 in. (10mm) bead of urethane around the window assembly.
- Install the window assembly into the opening.
- Install the retaining clips.
- Check the installation for water-tightness. Use a hose with warm water to duplicate rainfall. Do not use a hard stream of water on fresh urethane. Seal any leaks with additional material.
- Install all remaining trim pieces and seat parts.
- Allow the car to remain at room temperature for at least 6 hours to complete the curing process.