REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Fuel pump replacement or service requires the removal of the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle. Refer to the procedure later in this section.
- Remove the 8 fuel pump mounting screws.
- Remove the fuel pump bracket from the tank.
- Loosen the screw-type fitting, then disconnect the fuel pump supply hose extension from the bracket.
- Remove the gasket from the pump bracket or tank.
- Remove the filter from the pump pick-up tube.
- Unplug the electrical wires from the pump.
- Remove the fuel pump bracket.
- Disconnect the outlet hose from the pump.
- Connect the outlet hose to the pump.
- Install the pump on the bracket.
- Install the electrical wiring connectors to the pump.
- Install the filter to the pump pick-up tube.
- Position the gasket on the pump bracket.
- Install the fuel pump supply hose extension on the bracket and tighten the screw-type fitting to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install the fuel pump bracket to the tank.
- Install the mounting screws and tighten to 30 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install the fuel tank assembly to the vehicle.
Refer to the appropriate chart in Emission Controls of this repair guide for fuel pump/system pressure checks.