REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the center console assembly from the vehicle. Refer to Body & Trim of this repair guide.
- Disconnect the front cable from the parking brake lever.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle as necessary. Loosen the cable adjusting nuts on left side the rear cable for Storm models or at the turnbuckle for Spectrum models.
- Disconnect the rear cable assembly from the front cable assembly.
- Remove the front cable retaining nuts and remove the cable from the vehicle.
- Install the front cable to the vehicle and secure with retaining nuts.
- Connect the rear cable assembly to the front cable assembly.
- Connect the front cable to the parking brake lever.
- Install the center console assembly to the vehicle. Refer to Body & Trim of this repair guide.
- Adjust the parking brake. Check parking brake for proper operation.