REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle as necessary.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the tension spring. Loosen the adjusting nuts on left side of the rear cable for Storm models and at the turnbuckle for Spectrum models.
- Disconnect the rear cable assembly from the front cable assembly.
- Remove the rear cable retaining bolt.
- Remove the rear brake drum.
- Remove the cable from the parking brake lever inside the drum brake assembly.
- Disconnect the cable from the backing plate.
- Connect the cable to the backing plate. Make sure to fully seat the parking brake cable and seal if equipped in the backing plate.
- Connect the cable to the parking brake lever inside the drum brake assembly.
- Install the rear brake drum.
- Install the rear cable retaining bolt.
- Connect the rear cable assembly to the front cable assembly.
- Install the tension spring.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Adjust the parking brake. Check parking brake for proper operation.
Before adjusting the parking brake, adjust the rear brakes and bleed the brake system, if necessary. Pull the parking brake lever all of the way up and count the number of clicks. If less than 7 or more than 8 clicks are heard, the parking brake requires adjustment. Adjustment can be made at the left parking brake cable adjuster nut on the Storm models at the turnbuckle (located at rear axle assembly) on the Spectrum models.