REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle, then place a support under the suspension support. Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle slightly so the weight rest on the support and not the suspension arms.
- Remove the flexible brake hose clip at the strut and the brake hose from the brake pipe.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar link from the strut assembly, then the strut assembly mounting nuts and bolts.
- Open the rear hatch, then remove the trim cover panel from the strut tower.
- Remove the strut assembly mounting nuts holding the top of the strut support, then the strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the strut assembly to the vehicle and tighten the upper strut assembly mounting nuts to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm).
- Install the rear trim cover panel to the strut tower.
- Install strut to the knuckle and tighten the nuts and bolts to 116 ft. lbs. (157 Nm).
- Install the brake hose to the brake pipe and install the flexible brake hose clip at the strut. Bleed the brakes.
- Install the wheels and tire assemblies.
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle. Remove the jackstands.
- Lower the vehicle.