REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove trailing control arm nuts, then the trailing control arm from the vehicle.
Remove the right and left lateral control arms as follows:
- Remove the right lateral control arm attaching bolts from the rear crossmember and the rear suspension knuckle, then the right lateral control arm from the vehicle.
- Remove the left lateral control arms by loosening the 2 rear crossmember-to-body attaching bolts/nuts, then push crossmember down as far as possible and support with a jack. Remove the bolt from the rear crossmember and rear suspension knuckle, then the left lateral control arms from the vehicle.
- Reverse procedure to install. Torque all nuts and bolts to 94 ft. lbs. (128 Nm).
When removing the stabilizer bar use the following procedure:
- With the vehicle still in the raised and supported position and the wheel assemblies removed.
- Remove the bolts on the shackle at both strut sides.
- Remove the mounting bolts and brackets from stabilizer bar on the crossmember.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Torque the link retaining bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm) and torque the stabilizer mounting bracket bolts to 71 ft. lbs. (96 Nm).