REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Using a suitable jack, support the under suspension supports to prevent it from resting on the suspension arms.
- Remove the brake drum, see Brakes .
Before removing the hub assembly, check the end-play as follows:
- Using a suitable dial indicator tool (J-8001 or equivalent) along with the magnetic base (J-26900-1 or equivalent) measure the hub assembly end-play.
- If the end-play exceeds 0.0020 in. (0.05mm), replace the axle hub bearing.
- Remove the 4 retaining bolts holding the hub assembly to the knuckle.
- Remove the hub assembly from the knuckle.
- Install the hub assembly to the knuckle. Install the retaining bolts and torque them to 49 ft. lbs. (66 Nm).
- Install the brake drum, see Brakes .
- Install the tire and wheel assembly. Raise the vehicle and remove the jack. Lower the vehicle.
- Bounce the vehicle up and down to stabilize the suspension.
- Check the rear wheel alignment.