REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the rear wheel assemblies.
- Remove the hub cap, cotter pin, hub nut, washer and outer bearing.
- Remove the hub.
- Using a slide hammer puller and attachment, pull the oil seal from the hub. Remove the inner bearing.
- Using a brass drift and a hammer, drive both bearing races from the hub.
- Clean, inspect and/or replace all parts.
- Install the hub and brake drum assembly.
- Install the hub washer and hub nut. Tighten the hub nut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm) while rotating the hub.
- Completely loosen the hub nut.
- Tighten the hub nut by hand.
- Install the retainer and insert the cotter pin.
If the cotter pin holes are out of alignment upon reassembly, use a wrench to tighten the nut until the hole in the shaft and a slot of the nut align.
- Grease the inner area of the hub cap and install the cap.
- Install the rear wheel assemblies and tighten the wheel nuts.
- Safely lower the vehicle.