The fuel filter is located under the power brake booster for the Spectrum or under the brake booster, near the strut tower for the Storm.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Relieve the pressure in the fuel system; remove the fuel filler cap.
- Note the routing of inlet and outlet lines and the direction of flow as marked by the arrow on the filter. With a pair of pliers, shift the clips on the inlet and outlet hoses back and well away from the connections on the filter.
- Disconnect the fuel lines, using a slight twisting motion to break them loose. Pull the filter out of its retaining clip. Plug the lines immediately to prevent excessive fuel spillage or system contamination.
- Install the filter in the holder. When reconnecting the fuel lines, make sure the hoses are connected to the correct ports on the filter. The arrow on the filter indicates direction of flow and points towards the carburetor.
- Install the hose clips to the inside of the bulged sections of the fuel filter connections, and not right at the ends of the fuel lines. Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Install the fuel filler cap.
See Figure 3
- Relieve the pressure in the fuel system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Except for 1993 vehicles, remove the air intake duct.
- Disconnect the fuel filter outlet pipe from the fuel filter upper fitting. Be sure to cap the ends of the fuel pipe fittings to prevent both the entry of dirt and the spillage of