The driver supplies the torque requirements for the engine by operating the accelerator pedal in accordance with the desired speed or acceleration. The pedal sensor converts the mechanical operation of the pedal into an electrical signal and sends the information to the PCM. The PCM adjusts the quantity of the fuel that is injected into the engine.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Disconnect electrical connectors, if equipped with adjustable pedals remove the adjuster cable at accelerator adjuster motor.
- Remove 3 mounting nuts.
Remove pedal assembly.
- Install the pedal assembly to mounting studs.
- Install the mounting nuts.
- Tighten the assembly mounting nuts.
- Connect the electrical harness connector to the assembly.
- Using a diagnostic scan tool, check for the presence of any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). Record and address these codes as necessary.
- Turn the ignition ON , engine not running.
- With the scan tool, monitor the APP Sensor 1 voltage.
- Slowly press the accelerator pedal down.
- Voltage should start at approximately 0.45 of a volt and go above 4.6 volts with a smooth transition. If not, replace the sensor.