Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Drain small amount of fluid from master cylinder brake reservoir with clean suction gun.
- Bottom caliper pistons into the caliper by prying the caliper over.
- Remove brake hose banjo bolt and gasket washers. Discard gasket washers.
- Remove the caliper slide bolts.
Remove the caliper from the adapter.
- Install the caliper on the adapter.
- Caliper slide pins should be free from debris and lightly lubricated.
- Install the caliper slide pin bolts and tighten to 53 ft. lbs. (72 Nm).
Gently lift one end of the slide pin boot to equalize air pressure, then release the boot and verify that the boot is fully covering the slide pin.
WARNINGVerify brake hose is not twisted or kinked before tightening banjo bolt.
- Install brake hose to caliper with new copper washers and tighten banjo bolt to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).
- Fill and bleed brake system.
- Install wheel and tire assemblies.
- Remove supports and lower vehicle.
- Verify brake fluid level.