Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise vehicle and support the axle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
Remove the upper ball joint retaining nut.
- Separate the upper ball joint from the knuckle using special tool 8677.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor wire from the upper control arm.
Move the knuckle out of the way to allow ball joint removal tool access.
NOTEExtreme pressure lubrication must be used on the threaded portions of the tool. This will increase the longevity of the tool and insure proper operation during the removal and installation process.
- Press the ball joint from the upper control arm using special tools C-4212-F and 9652.
- Install the ball joint into the upper control arm.
- Install the upper ball joint into the knuckle.
- Install the upper ball joint retaining nut and tighten to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the wheel speed sensor wire to the upper control arm.
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- Perform a wheel alignment.