Adjustment can be made with a standard brake gauge or with adjusting tool. Adjustment is performed with the complete brake assembly installed on the backing plate.
- Be sure parking brake lever is fully released.
- Raise vehicle so rear wheels can be rotated freely.
- Remove plug from each access hole in brake support plates.
- Loosen parking brake cable adjustment nut until there is slack in front cable.
- Insert adjusting tool through support plate access hole and engage tool in teeth of adjusting screw star wheel.
- Rotate adjuster screw star wheel (move tool handle upward) until slight drag can be felt when wheel is rotated.
- Push and hold adjuster lever away from star wheel with thin screwdriver.
- Back off adjuster screw star wheel until brake drag is eliminated.
- Repeat adjustment at opposite wheel. Be sure adjustment is equal at both wheels.
- Install support plate access hole plugs.
- Adjust parking brake cable and lower vehicle.
- Apply park brake hand lever and make sure park brakes hold the vehicle stationary.
- Release park brake hand lever.