- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable at battery.
- Drain coolant from radiator.
- Remove the front grill.
- Remove two radiator mounting bolts.
- Disconnect both transmission cooler lines from radiator.
- Disconnect electrical connector for the fan control solenoid.
- Disconnect the power steering cooler line from cooler and filter.
- Disconnect the radiator upper and lower hoses.
- Disconnect the overflow hose from radiator.
- Remove the air inlet duct at the grill.
The lower part of radiator is equipped with two alignment dowel pins. They are located on the bottom of radiator tank and fit into rubber grommets.
These rubber grommets are pressed into the radiator lower crossmember.
WARNINGThe air conditioning system (if equipped) is under a constant pressure even with the engine off.
- Remove the cooling fan assembly.
- Gently lift up and remove radiator from vehicle. Be careful not to scrape the radiator fins against any other component. Also be careful not to disturb the air conditioning condenser (if equipped).
Before installing the radiator or A/C condenser, be sure the radiator-to-body and radiator-to-A/C condenser rubber air seals are properly fastened to their original positions. These are used at the top, bottom and sides of the radiator and A/C condenser. To prevent overheating, these seals must be installed to their original positions.
- Equipped with air conditioning: Gently lower the radiator and fan shroud into the vehicle. Guide the two radiator alignment dowels through the holes in the rubber air seals first and then through the A/C support brackets. Continue to guide the alignment dowels into the rubber grommets located in lower radiator crossmember. The holes in the L-shaped brackets (located on bottom of A/C condenser) must be positioned between bottom of rubber air seals and top of rubber grommets.
Connect the radiator upper and lower hoses and hose clamps to radiator.
CAUTIONThe tangs on the hose clamps must be positioned straight down.
- Install coolant reserve/overflow tank hose at radiator.
- Connect both transmission cooler lines at the radiator.
- Install both radiator mounting bolts.
- Install air inlet duct at grill.
- Attach electric connector for hydraulic fan control solenoid.
- Install the grill.
- Install the cooling fan assembly.
- Connect the power steering filter hoses to the filter. Install new hose clamps.
- Rotate the fan blades (by hand) and check for interference at fan shroud.
- Refill cooling system.
- Refill the power steering reservoir and bleed air from system.
- Connect battery cable at battery.
- Start and warm engine. Check for leaks.