Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- With vehicle in neutral, position on hoist.
Remove calipers and rotors.
- Tap axle end plug loose from the axle flange with a hammer and punch. Pull plug out of axle flange.
- Remove speed sensors from axle tube flange.
- Remove axle flange nuts from axle.
- Pull axle shaft and backing plate out of axle tube until axle bearing is exposed.
- Remove O-ring from the axle bearing.
- Slide axle shaft from axle tube and backing plate.
- Tap axle shaft out of the bearing and axle flange through the plug hole with a hammer and brass drift.
- Tap axle shaft into through axle bearing into axle flange.
- Install axle shaft into axle tube and backing plate with new O-ring on axle.
- Slip O-ring through backing plate, then push axle through backing plate until bearing is exposed.
- Install O-ring axle bearing.
- Push axle into axle tube.
- Install axle flange nuts and tighten to 88 ft. lbs. (119 Nm).
- Install speed sensors in axle tube flange.
- Coat new axle flange plug with Mopar® Stud and Bearing Mount Adhesive, or equivalent, and install plug.
- Install calipers and rotors.