Removal & Installation
The Hydraulic Control Module/Unit (HCU) consists of a valve body, pump motor, low pressure accumulators, inlet valves, outlet valves, and noise attenuators.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the ABS control module assembly.
- Remove the 4 screws attaching the HCU to the Integrated Control Unit (ICU).
- Separate the control module assemblies.
Clean any debris off the mating surfaces of the control modules.
NOTEWhen installing new O-rings or solenoid valve stem seals, do not use any type of lubricant.
If the seals (1) on the solenoid valve stems (2) are not new, they must be replaced. Each of the solenoid valve stem seals must be replaced; do not reuse solenoid valve stem seals. The pump/motor connector O-ring should also be replaced if not new.
- Align the components and install the control module assemblies together.
- Install the 4 screws attaching the HCU. Tighten the mounting screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
Install the ABS control module assembly in the vehicle.