Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait 2 minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, remove the silencer from underneath the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector (1) from the blower motor (3).
- Disengage the HVAC wire harness (6) from the mounting bracket (5).
Remove the 3 screws (2) that secure the blower motor to the front HVAC housing (4) and remove the blower motor.
- Position the blower motor (3) into the front HVAC housing (4) and install the 3 retaining screws (2). Tighten the screws to 10 inch lbs. (1 Nm).
- Engage the wire harness (6) to the mounting bracket (5).
- Connect the wire harness connector (1) to the blower motor.
- If equipped, install the silencer underneath the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and tighten the nut to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).