Always make sure the A/C-heater system is turned OFF and that the ignition switch is in the OFF position prior to servicing the particulate cabin air filter. Never place fingers or other objects into the filter opening of the HVAC housing. Failure to follow this warning may result in serious injury.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the lower glove box bin from the instrument panel.
- Disengage the 2 retaining tabs (1) that secure the particulate cabin air filter cover (2) to the passenger side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3) and remove the cover.
Remove the cabin air filter from the air distribution housing by pulling the filter element straight out of the housing.
The particulate cabin air filter is labeled with AIRFLOW and an arrow to indicate the air flow direction through the filter. This arrow should always be oriented towards the floor of the vehicle. Make sure to properly install the cabin air filter. Failure to properly install the filter will result in the need to replace the filter sooner than required.
- Install the particulate cabin air filter into the filter opening in the HVAC air distribution housing. Insert the cabin air filter directly into the housing with the arrow on the filter pointing to the floor.
- Position the particulate air filter cover (2) to the air distribution housing (3) and engage the 2 retaining tabs (1) that secure the cover to the housing. Make sure the retaining tabs are fully engaged.
- Install the lower glove box bin.