Removal & Installation
3.3L & 3.8L Engines
Chrysler Town & Country 2008-2009
Dodge Grand Caravan 2008-2009
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts, removal & installation.
- Remove the crankshaft damper bolt.
- Insert Special Tool 8450 (2) into the crankshaft nose.
- Position 3-jaw puller Special Tool 1026 (2) on the damper. Turn the puller forcing the screw until the damper releases from the crankshaft.
Remove the crankshaft vibration damper.
Install the crankshaft vibration damper using the forcing screw, nut, and thrust bearing/washer (3) from Special Tool 8452 (1).
NOTETo minimize friction and prolong tool life, lubricate the threads on the forcing screw of Special Tool 8452.
- Position the vibration damper on the crankshaft.
- Screw Special Tool 8452 (1) into the crankshaft until the bolt seats. Turn the nut to install the damper until it seats fully.
Remove Special Tool 8452.