Chrysler Town & Country 2008-2009
Dodge Grand Caravan 2008-2009
A separate fuel pump relay is no longer used. A circuit within the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) is used to control the electric fuel pump located within the fuel pump module.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the fuel fill cap.
- Disconnect the fuel pump module electrical connector.
- Start and run the engine until it stalls.
- Attempt restarting the engine until it will no longer run.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
- Place a rag or towel below the fuel line quick-connect fitting at the fuel rail.
Disconnect the quick-connect fitting at the fuel rail.
NOTEAfter servicing the fuel system, one or more Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) may have been stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory due to disconnecting the fuel pump module circuit. A diagnostic scan tool must be used to erase the DTC-s.