- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- The blower motor is located on the passenger side of the vehicle, under the instrument panel. Remove the right side sound insulator (trim panel) by removing the retainers and disconnecting the courtesy lamp.
Detach the blower motor electrical connector. Some applications may have cooling hose to the motor which should be disconnected.
- Unfasten the blower motor mounting screws, then remove the blower motor from the vehicle.
If the blower motor fan (also called a 'squirrel cage') must be replaced, use the following procedure:
NOTEDo not hammer on the motor to remove or install the fan. Do not apply force to the motor housing to seat the fan on the motor, or motor/shaft bearing damage could result. Do not apply pressure to the fan rim. Be sure the correct replacement part is used.
- Remove the metal star clip retaining the fan cage to the motor shaft.
- Remove the fan by pulling straight out.
If removed, install the blower motor fan, as follows:
- Install the replacement fan cage onto the motor shaft.
- Adjust the fan cage to get a clearance of 0.30 inch (7.5mm) to the motor mount plate.
- Install the remaining components in the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure the electrical connection is secure. Tighten the motor screws to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable, then test the blower motor for proper operations