When adding fluid or making a complete fluid change, always use the proper power steering fluid. Failure to use the proper fluid will cause hose and seal damage and fluid leaks.
- Clean the area surrounding the reservoir cap.
Remove the reservoir cap.
- The bottom of the hatched area is the Add level at70°F (21°C).
- The top of the hatched area is the Cold level at70°F (21°C).
Inspect the power steering pump fluid level at regular intervals, with the fluid at approximately70°F (21°C).
- If the power steering fluid is too hot allow the fluid to cool to approximately70°F (21°C).
- If the power steering fluid is too cold, run the engine until the fluid reaches approximately 70°F (21°C).
- If the fluid level is low, add power steering fluid to the proper fluid level.
- Install the reservoir cap.